Monday, February 14, 2011

Week 6-Date Night!

Doesn't the saying go, you don't know what you've got, until it's gone? Well, I think that rings true for The Hubby and I's Date Nights.
BC (Before Children) The Hubby and I never had to schedule date nights... a Date Night could be a random Tuesday night, or a dinner and movie on a Sunday afternoon. We didn't have to plan it... we didn't have to call someone to make sue that THEY are available... we didn't have to budget an extra $50 at the end of the night... and if The Hubby and I wanted to stay the night at a hotel... we could!! But you know what... we didn't take advantage of these FREE evenings or moments like we should have... if my Mommy-self could visit my Pre Mommy-self I could tell her to take every opportunity she could to do Date Nights.
Its not that The Hubby and I have a boring life... we do not. We just have to be more creative when it comes to Date Night. No longer does Date Night mean we have to leave the house and here is where my change comes in... we will have Date Night once a week.. AT HOME! One night a week, I will make the boys mac & cheese, get them bathed and in bed an hour earlier than usual and I will make an easy dinner for The Hubby and myself... we can be creative... it can be take out... whatever!! As long as we're connecting with each-other... just the two of us!!
This is a change that will make our marriage stronger and our family even stronger!!

No comments:

Post a Comment