Monday, February 21, 2011

Week 7-I've got S-P-I-R-I-T!!!

OK..side note, it makes me laugh that every time I type the word "Spirit" I have to do a cheer from high school in my head.. 'S-P-I-R-I-T- SPIRIT!!" I digress...

I have been attending our church for almost 10 years... and I have always wanted to be a part of a small group. (For those of you that are lost, a small group is just that... a small group of people from a church that meet to talk... simple) I would be tempted to join one, and then I would get scared... The Hubby and I did join one when I was pregnant with LC, but we didn't have a connection with the other couples in the group, so once the 5 weeks were up, we didn't do another meet up.
Anyway, I kept having a pull to join a group and then one day I received a call from my cousin who was also wanting to join a group, but couldn't find one, so she wanted to start one up... and she wanted ME to help! Well, this was a great opportunity and I already knew ONE person... so I jumped at the chance.
Funny thing, the study that we were going to do was on "The Power of a Whisper"... about the whispers that God send us... uh, didn't I get a whisper about small groups? I was already super excited!! :)
It's amazing he changes that can happen to you, once you open up your heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment