Monday, May 9, 2011

Week 18- The Hubby IS Capable

All mothers have it... MOTHER'S GUILT...I'm not sure where it comes from, but the second your first born is set into your arms, you mentally grow 5 more arms and feel that NO ONE can do "your job". You completely ignore that "other person" standing the the delivery room... as if HE had nothing to do with the birth and so then the upbringing of this little person falls singly into your lap... as well as the care of your home/the clothes you wear/the food your eat/etc...

I have talked about the conscience decision that I will make sure to make some ME time... I have talked about this before here and here...but this time around my thought is this:
The house/family/world will NOT fall apart of I let someone else (i.e. The Hubby) take care of things. He is capable of taking care of the kids... He is able to cook dinner... He can wash clothes AND fold them too! If I step out of the house, it will NOT catch on fire.
I had this thought the other night when I went on a 30 minute walk.. alone. I left the house, with the dishes needing to be washed and the boys needing bathes. As I walked, I thought about what I would walk back into... I mentally unloaded the dishwasher, loaded it again, wiped the counters down, fixed the coffee of the next morning, got the boys in the tub...etc...

BUT... I walked into the house and everything was done... PLUS, LC was in bed and LG and The Hubby were working on worksheets at the CLEAN kitchen counter. Was I surprised... YES.. should I have been? NO... My husband is capable of taking care of HIS children and HIS house! Once I let that thought seep in, I could feel a weight lifting off my shoulders.

Of course, I have ALWAYS known he was capable, but I had to accept that it was...and then the change was made!

No comments:

Post a Comment