Saturday, May 21, 2011

Week 19- Cleaning My Plate

I have a problem... I bite off more than I can chew. I'm not talking about food again, but more about my "time diet." I take on tasks, agree to host or chair things or just think that I am supermom/wife/woman... and suddenly, I look at my plate and its so full that I'm not sure where to begin. I try to take "bites" of each thing, one at a time... giving each job a little bit of my time and trying to work around the plate. It goes well for a while... but then someone brings out another delicious dish that I just can't say "no" to... and I put it smack in the middle of my plate! And BAM... I'm already stuffed, but my plate is still full and I have to clean it (like my momma taught me!) So, by the time I'm done, I'm uncomfortable and think to myself "I don't know why I ate all that...I didn't even want all that food and it wasn't even that good."
Sooooo... my change is simple. JUST SAY NO! I have to learn to say "No Thank You" and not take on 101 million tasks. I need to pick a few that I KNOW I can make the time to finish and still enjoy each and every one. This is going to be a difficult change for me, but one that will probably make the most impact on my life. I'm still going to "clean my plate" but just not take too many portions!

No comments:

Post a Comment