Saturday, June 4, 2011

Week 21-Waiting to Exhale

It was a 1995 blockbuster... my first R rated movie in the theater.. the one with Whitney Houston and the fabulous soundtrack. A story about four friend that are "holding their breath" until the day they can feel comfortable in a committed relationship with a man.
Lost??
I'm not "holding my breath" waiting for the right man... I found him, married him and love him dearly everyday! No, I think I have been "holding my breath" in hopes that I would feel "comfortable" in my role as a mother... and I finally had to exhale and realize that I will never be a perfect mom, but a "fun, learn as I go, laughing" mom. And I'm ok with that! I have stopped comparing myself to other mothers... I have stopped trying to be something that I am not. I want me children to remember ME... and not a version of me that i wanted them to see. I'm happy in my "mommy skin"... it's stretched a bit, maybe a little lose in some spots... but it's me... and it reminds me of the beautiful gifts that God have given me to take care of. If I make any changes in my life, it is for THEM and no one else!!

No comments:

Post a Comment